All men are affected. Therefore, after identifying the first symptoms, it is important to consult a doctor for information on how to cure prostatitis.
Inflammation of the prostate gland occurs not only in people at risk. All men are affected. Therefore, after identifying the first symptoms, it is important to consult a doctor for information on how to cure prostatitis. A specialized center will help with the correct diagnosis and competent treatment!
what is prostatitis
Prostatitis is a common pathology of the genitourinary system in the stronger sex. Every fourth man consults a doctor with characteristic symptoms.
There are several categories of prostatitis:
- acute bacterial: the causative agent is predominantly Escherichia coli, rarely enterococci;
- bacterial chronic - continues with remissions and relapses, in addition to E. coli, viruses, trichomonas, chlamydia, fungi, mycoplasmas can provoke an inflammatory process;
- chronic pelvic pain syndrome - with this pathology, infections are not identified, the disease occurs with and without inflammation, among the provocateurs: low physical activity, rare sex life, overheating / hypothermia;
- asymptomatic - proceeds without characteristic signs, is diagnosed by chance (most often on a doctor's examination).
Only a urologist can determine the type of disease. After a complete diagnosis, a treatment regimen is developed, which is carried out under the supervision of the attending physician.
Can prostatitis be cured? The answer is positive for cases where the pathology is in the initial stage of development. It is important to prevent the transition of the disease to a chronic form. It is even better to take timely preventive measures that will prevent the inflammatory process of the prostate gland.
Symptoms of prostatitis
How do you know if you have prostatitis? It is necessary to pay attention to the slightest changes in the functioning of the genitourinary system. Among the common signs of pathology:
- frequent urge to urinate, urine production is difficult;
- a significant decrease in the daily amount of urine;
- pain during defecation, radiating to the groin;
- after defecation, discharge from the urethra is observed;
- burning in the perineum and urethra;
- spontaneous nocturnal erections;
- increased body temperature;
- weakening of the erection;
- too fleeting ejaculation during intercourse;
- Unemotional sensations during orgasm.
The disease is accompanied by pain of a different nature. Where does it hurt with prostatitis?
- in the scrotum;
- in the perineum;
- at the base of the penis.
Reference! The acute form of the pathology is accompanied by frequent headaches.
Urination with prostatitis is intermittent, may be accompanied by painful sensations. The bladder does not empty completely. The current is slow. Characteristic symptomatology is often complemented by decreased work capacity, lack of appetite, and rapid fatigue.
Reference! Blood with prostatitis contains a prostate-specific antigen. It is detected during a diagnostic study of biological material.
Symptoms of an acute form differ from a chronic disease. In the second case, there is an alternation of phases of remission with relapse.
Reasons for the development of prostatitis
The main reason for the development of pathology, doctors call blood stagnation in the pelvic organs. Most often this is due to a sedentary lifestyle, being overweight, sedentary work and an unbalanced diet.
Other causative factors include:
- hereditary predisposition;
- long-term urinary retention;
- gastrointestinal tract dysfunction;
- poor circulation in the arteries;
- irregular sex life;
- diseases of the genitourinary system;
- chronic foci present in the body;
- frequent injuries of the perineum and the adjacent area;
- lack of adequate treatment for sexually transmitted diseases.
Reference! Alcohol abuse and frequent stress can also cause inflammation of the prostate gland, especially against the background of reduced immunity.
It is still unknown what causes the development of chronic pelvic pain syndrome (a type of prostatitis). It is believed that the disease develops against the background of damage to the body by viruses of the herpetic group, mycoplasmas, chlamydia. Some scientists argue that the cause should be sought in autoimmune processes, constant hypothermia and low physical activity.
Treatment methods for prostatitis.
Modern medicine, which has accumulated experience in the study of pathology, has complete information on how to treat prostatitis in men.
The therapy regimen is developed on the basis of diagnostic data. First of all, the focus of inflammation in the prostate is removed. Also, with the help of drugs, sexual disorders and other disorders are corrected.
The keys to successful treatment are:
- early diagnosis;
- well-designed comprehensive therapy program;
- compliance with the doctor's recommendations.
Reference! Depending on where prostatitis hurts in men, with the help of differential diagnosis, such serious diseases as prostate adenoma, inguinal hernia, secondary cystitis, and stones in the lower ureter are excluded.
Taking into account the form of the pathology, the patient is prescribed treatment using the following methods.
- Pharmacological therapy: provides for the intake of immunomodulatory agents, vitamins and minerals, antibiotics.
- Physiotherapy: It is mainly prescribed in combination with medications. The methods are characterized by high efficiency: magnetic laser massage, shock wave therapy, ultrasound treatment.
- Surgical intervention - in the absence of positive dynamics after the course of the drug, a decision is made to operate.
Identifying the first signs of pathology, you should not delay the visit to the doctor, and even more so - self-medicate. This leads to an aggravation of the problem with serious consequences that require a radical solution. It is better to immediately make an appointment with a urologist.
The opinion of doctors regarding the disease boils down to the fact that prostatitis can be cured if the treatment of prostatitis in men is started immediately after the first signs are detected. Therapy of the chronic form requires an integrated approach. At the same time, relapses are not excluded even after a long remission.