Inflammation of the prostate gland affects one in three men in old age, according to unofficial sources. In medicine, all men age 40 and over are at risk. Prostatitis and prostate adenoma are common male diseases today that require competent drug treatment prescribed by a specialist doctor.
The prostate adenoma is a hyperplasia of the gland, which is a consequence of the formation of small nodules that prevent the presence of the normal process of urination. And if the disease is not treated, the neoplasm can easily turn into a malignant tumor. If you choose the right medicine for BPH, it will be benign.
The pharmaceutical market is full of a variety of drugs for the treatment of prostatitis and prostatic hyperplasia, it is sometimes very difficult to choose the right remedy. In the case of adenoma, only a doctor should prescribe drugs, since all drugs are divided into groups based on composition, principle of action, degree of effect, etc. The list can go on for a long time, a person who does not know can not cope with such a choice.
Medications for the treatment of adenoma are divided into several groups:
- With androgens in the composition, they are used to treat prostatitis, as they increase the tone of the detrusor, which facilitates the process of emptying the bladder.
- The composition assumes progesterone - the drugs are also called antiandrogens, in men they reduce the size of the adenoma, and also promise an analgesic effect. In medical practice, these drugs are combined with electrophoresis, massage, or phonophoresis.
- Herbal anti-inflammatory drugs - tablets and powders of this format have a longer effect, but at the same time guarantee a powerful antiseptic effect. To combat prostatitis, as well as to treat adenoma, crow's feet, sage, parsley or dill, nettle or chamomile are used.
If the neoplasm was detected in a timely manner, treatment can be conservative and less harmful to the body of a man with a good prognosis by specialists. In addition, doctors can prescribe probiotics to patients, as they improve the intestinal microflora, thus increasing the body's defenses.
The most effective way to treat the prostate is considered to be the use of rectal suppositories with extensive effect on the focus of the disease. Today, pharmacy departments in their variety offer a large selection of rectal suppositories aimed at eliminating the inflammatory process in the prostate area. Experts advise the following:
- Suppositories with indomethacin, which helps reduce edema, relieves inflammation, contributing to the normal functioning of the prostate gland. Candles can be used even in neglected cases.
- Ichthyol suppositories - initially restore the normal process of blood circulation, while providing an analgesic and antiseptic effect. Despite the specific smell, the candles are absolutely harmless and have no contraindications.
- Suppositories with propolis are inexpensive and effective suppositories for relieving pain during bladder emptying with excellent anti-inflammatory effects. They can also be used without a prescription for prophylaxis.
It is not known until the end whether it is possible to cure prostate adenoma with topical drugs, but more often doctors prescribe complex treatment to suppress the process of proliferation of tissues. Rectal suppositories are almost always used as they act locally on the lesion.
As for tablets, all currently existing effective drugs for internal use can also be divided into several groups:
- Antispasmodics - These pills are intended to relieve muscle spasms, relax muscles, and promote better blood circulation. Treatment will be effective, the pills of which are selected by a medical specialist.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: In the case of an acute adenoma, the doctor must decide which drugs to treat the disease, he must also select a remedy to relieve inflammation. Indications for its use are prostatitis and adenoma, and their timely use prevents the transition of the disease to a chronic form.
- Antibiotics for prostate adenoma: These drugs are applicable if the adenoma was caused by infections or bacteria that affect the prostate.
Numerous modern drugs of the new generation are in great demand, since there are fewer contraindications and side effects to their use. In order for antibiotics for prostate adenoma to help in treatment, you must strictly follow the instructions and dosages prescribed by the doctor.
Treatment without surgery in the case of an adenoma is possible if the patient seeks the help of a specialist at the initial stage of the development of hyperplasia. In order to quickly suppress the process of tissue overgrowth, injections may be prescribed, which help to increase the strength of the immune system. The rate of development of the disease depends on the immune system, which is why immunomodulators are often included in the treatment complex.
Such drugs promote the regeneration of damaged tissues, they are a prerequisite for successful conservative treatment. In addition, they protect the gland from the negative effects of viruses. A medical specialist determines the course of therapy and the required doses.
Conservative treatment or prevention of prostatitis can be carried out with homeopathic preparations based on herbal extracts and extracts. Phytopreparations do not have side effects and contraindications, they gently affect the affected organ in a complex way.
Sometimes a Chinese urological patch can be used, since its components also help to alleviate the condition of the prostate, relieve inflammation, edema, relieve pain and stimulate immunity. It is only important to start treatment in a timely manner and not to self-medicate.
The most inexpensive and effective suppositories for prostatitis.
Rectal suppositories for prostatitis and prostate adenoma are widely used in medicine. Its use is very convenient, since they have a direct effect on the affected gland. Due to the local nature of the impact, they lack such an unpleasant side effect as irritation of the stomach and intestines. In terms of speed of action, they also have an advantage over tablet drugs. All this makes the use of suppositories for prostatitis one of the most effective means in the complex of therapeutic measures for male diseases.
Indications and characteristics of use.
Considering the question of the benefits of rectal suppositories (suppositories) in the treatment of diseases of the prostate, it should be noted that these funds cannot be used as the only way to cure the disease. The symptoms and treatment of these diseases are well known and involve a variety of different therapeutic interventions.
A good effect can be achieved from the use of suppositories with the following pathologies:
- acute and chronic prostatitis;
- infectious lesions of the urinary tract;
- complications of prostatitis.
Additionally, suppositories can be helpful in preparing a patient for prostate surgery, as well as in the postoperative recovery period.
Compared with drugs in other forms of release, rectal suppositories for men should be used, taking into account their characteristics.
They must be used, observing certain rules:
- it is necessary to study well the instructions for use of the drug in terms of its interaction with other drugs;
- before using the candle, it is necessary to cleanse the intestines by visiting the bathroom and doing a cleansing microenema;
- to ensure maximum contact with the prostate gland, the candle should be inserted only in the upside down position;
- after the introduction of the candle, it is better to lie down for another half hour on the stomach while absorbing the drug;
- It is best to do the procedure at night before going to bed.
By observing these simple rules, you can achieve the maximum possible result from the use of anal suppositories for prostatitis.
Classification of funds that can be used
There are many different medications for male diseases that occur in the form of rectal suppositories. They are classified according to their active principles and mode of action. In this sense, when symptoms of a disease appear, it is important to know which suppositories to use.
There are such types of candles:
- Antimicrobial. Suppositories from prostatitis with antibiotics can effectively fight infection. They also have antispasmodic properties. Rifampin is generally used as an active ingredient in these types of suppositories. This is an antibiotic from the ansacimin group. It has the property of good tissue and liquid penetration, which gives it the best performance.
- Anti-inflammatory. The positive effect is achieved due to the inclusion of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory substances in its composition. Anti-inflammatory drugs for prostatitis are an integral part of the complex of therapeutic measures. In addition to the anti-inflammatory effect, the presence of NSAIDs makes it possible to use such suppositories to relieve pain and significantly reduce swelling. Also, such suppositories for the treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma promote the regeneration of affected tissues.
- Analgesic suppositories for prostatitis. A component of such suppositories must necessarily be an agent that has the property of having an analgesic effect. Paracetamol is usually used for this. This drug is considered one of the safest and can also cause antipyretic effects. Also, pain relievers for prostatitis may contain pain relievers.
- Antifungal. Suppositories of this type are used in cases where the cause of the disease is a fungal infection.
- Immunostimulant. In addition to strengthening the immune system, these suppositories can have antimicrobial effects.
Most commonly used drugs
The list of suppositories for prostatitis is quite extensive. Candles can be used as soon as the first signs of the disease appear. Antibacterial suppositories for prostatitis are used only as directed by the attending physician.
Candles made by yourself
In cases where the patient, for whatever reason, cannot use industrial drugs and is well versed in folk remedies, suppositories for the treatment of prostatitis can be prepared independently.
Here is the simplest recipe:
- Propolis, beeswax, goat or lamb fat should be mixed in equal parts with isopropyl alcohol.
- Place the resulting mixture in a water bath and heat, stirring occasionally, until it becomes evenly thick.
- Blind suppositories of the resulting substance. A candle should be 5 cm long and 1 cm in diameter.
Candles made in this way are stored in the refrigerator.
The use of handmade propolis suppositories has a proven positive effect on prostatitis. However, when using them, it should be noted that the course of treatment with them is quite long.
In addition to propolis, the following components can be used for the preparation of suppositories:
- sea buckthorn oil;
- cocoa butter;